For those interested in starting a home school in KS or MO, here are the basic steps:
1) Research homeschooling.
From the Christian Home Educators Confederation of Kansas (CHECK):
2) For KS residents, register your school with the Kansas Dept. of Education.
3) Establish your home school program.
4) Become a member of Midwest Parent Educators (recommended).
5) Enroll with Home School Legal Defense Association (recommended).
Note: When you become a member of Midwest Parent Educators, there is a discount available on HSLDA membership.
6) Formally withdraw from the current school by phone, letter, or in person.