Online Parents of Preschoolers only (POPS) registration closed on March 22, 2019.
If your child/children is/are 5 years or under (and none are 6 years or older), MPE would like to offer you (and your spouse) FREE admission to the MPE Homeschooling Conference and Curriculum Fair.
To streamline the registration process at the door, please complete this fillable online Parents of PreSchoolers (POPS) form, save it as a pdf file, then print and present it at the POPS registration table in the lobby (click here for map). You (and your spouse) will then be given a green conference wristband which must be worn both days for admission into the workshops and vendor hall. There is a charge of $5.00 for lost wristbands.
Due to lack of space in the workshops, please register 5 year old children (4 year old children accepted only if they are attending with a 5 year old or older sibling) in the MPEKids Children’s Program. The cost is $30.00/child/day for the first two children in the family, additional siblings free.
To enhance your enjoyment of the conference, please read MPE’s Conference Policy on Children:
Children are very important to MPE, since it is for their benefit that we exist to encourage and equip parents as educators. The MPE conference, however, is intended for parental enrichment and therefore the general policy is that children under 13 not be in attendance at the conference workshop sessions (except nursing babies). This is due to seating limitations and to keep potential disruptions to a minimum during workshops. As always, parental discretion should be used throughout the conference to preserve the conference experience for other attendees. MPE reserves the right to dismiss unruly attendees.
MPE has made the following accommodations for children.
• All children accompanied by parents are welcome in the Vendor Hall.
• Nursing babies are welcome in the conference workshops. However, if your child is fussy or disruptive in any way, you should quietly exit the workshop so that the others will not be disturbed. A room will be available exclusively for mothers to nurse and diaper their babies. Please bring a sling or backpack as wheeled carriers are not allowed in the workshops due to lack of space.
• There is no childcare available for children 4 years and under. Parents are encouraged to pre-arrange for child care in order to attend conference workshops.
• Children between the ages of 5 and 12 (4 year old children accepted if they are attending with an older sibling) can be enrolled in MPE Kids – Children’s Program.
• Children age 13 and up are encouraged to attend the workshops and visit the Exhibitor Hall with their parents; they are admitted for free when accompanied by a parent at Registration.
Due to congestion, strollers, wagons, and other wheeled carriers are not permitted in the workshops. Be sure to bring baby carriers or backpacks to transport nursing babies. Wheeled carriers are allowed in the Vendor Hall.