As more families homeschool and work other part-time or full-time jobs, we’d like to help!
At our recent homeschool conference, we introduced a workshop called “Blogs, Businesses and Other Breadmakers for Homeschool Families.”
In it, we discussed various jobs that homeschoolers commonly used, along with benefits and challenges involved in balancing homeschool and work.
Some of the typical challenges involved issues with time management, feelings of guilt (of not being able to “do enough” with work, family, and other responsibilities), and lack of support or networking opportunities.
We can’t solve all of these challenges overnight for you, but we can certainly help provide support!
Introducing our “Homeschool and Work” support group
Because of the interest showed at the workshop and other places, MPE has create a “Homeschool and Work” support group on Facebook. Right now it’s for MPE members only.
If you would like to join, please go here so we can approve your request.
Please note: The MPE Board of Directors does not necessarily endorse any of the organizations or people in this group.
Spam and irrelevant links aren’t allowed. While you can self-promote, no member organizations or businesses are officially endorsed by MPE.
Additional resources for working homeschool families
In addition to the support group, MPE membership offers the following benefits:
- Scholarships for low-income households. If finances are tight for you right now, MPE provides scholarships that you can apply for so you can become an MPE member at no charge.
- Mom-to-mom mentoring program. This program depends on volunteers who love to help fellow homeschoolers. Our mentors keep everything strictly confidential, and you can change mentors at any time. It’s a wonderful way to receive encouragement and support in your homeschool journey!
- Advertising opportunities. Members can advertise in our newsletter, receive a free listing in our annual business directory, and also advertise at our conference and on our social media channels.
- HSLDA discount. Once you become a member, you can receive a $15 discount on annual HSLDA membership. Contact our office for more details.
- Support groups exclusive to MPE beyond this list. Although we have a list of athletic and homeschool enrichment programs on our public website, MPE members get access to our full list of area support groups, some of which are not publicly listed for privacy and safety reasons.
Found this helpful? You’ll love the following blog posts!