Senior hunger in America is a monumental problem. The latest research reveals 8.3 million seniors in the United States faced the threat of hunger.
The Area Agency on Aging (AAA) Johnson County Meals on Wheels Program provides a nutritious mid-day meal to more than five hundred homebound, frail, elderly, Monday – Friday. Nutritionally high risk homebound older adults receive weekend frozen meals. In addition, all homebound seniors receive shelf stable meals in the event meals can’t be delivered due to inclement weather.
Are you interested in being a volunteer delivering meals on wheels?
– Volunteers deliver meals to homebound seniors once a week, once a month, or when available.
– Meals are delivered 10:45 am – 11:45 am, Monday – Friday
– Meals can be delivered by:
• Civic & other groups
• Faith community teams
• Employee teams
– Routes are available in your neighborhood
– Children are welcome to accompany parent or grandparent on the route.
If you are interested or want additional information, please call Brandy 913-715-8866, e-mail Brandy.Hodge@jocogov.org or see our web page about Volunteer Opportunities
Please help us help our community.
JoCo Meals On Wheels
11811 S. Sunset Dr., Ste 1300
Olathe, KS 66061
913.715.8828 – Fax