Would you like to be a social media intern for us (and get paid, too)? Well, now is your chance!
Right now our ideal candidate would be someone within the homeschool community who loves (and actively participates in) social media.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Posting updates, announcements and events to our Facebook page.
- Posting a couple of articles to our blog (we use a Wordpress platform).
- Writing 1-2 original blog posts a month.
- Helping maintain our Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest accounts (and maybe future accounts on other platforms).
Some additional benefits of this internship:
- Real-life experience with the social media marketing industry. We’ll let you see our social media analytics, discuss editorial and content strategy, and map out the technical details necessary to make you a professional!
- Personalized coaching and training. You’ll work one-on-one with our online content director, Shanxi Omoniyi, to polish your writing and editing skills, hone your messages (sometimes in 140 characters or less!) and ask any questions you have along the way.
- Additional skills (e.g. public speaking and presentation experience). You’ll have the opportunity to attend various MPE committee meetings (conference, Women’s Encouragement Day, etc.) about our social media strategy and ROI.
If you have previous experience working in this field, that’s wonderful. However, we’re open to considering candidates who haven’t had previous experience, but who are still comfortable with the various platforms and would love to learn more about working in this industry.
At this time, we’re estimating this internship would take about 2-4 hours a week.
After one or two months of training (depending on the applicant’s experience), our social media intern would begin in August and receive a monthly stipend of $100 until the end of May 2019.
Interested in applying to be our next social media intern? Send an email and resume to email@example.com before June 10. MPE member families preferred.
Be as creative as you like! Feel free to include links to your blog (if you have one), social media links, or anything else that you think could qualify you for the internship.