- Admission is free for current MPE members. Our earlybird discount online conference/membership registration at $50 per person (spouse free) is now closed.
At-the-door registration is $60 per person (spouse free) – cash or check only.
Click here for more details, including how to speed up the check-in process!
- Parents of PreSchoolers (POPS) Special – free admission only for parents whose children are all 5 years or younger. Online registration will close March 31. At-the-door registration will be available at the conference both days. Click here to register!
- Admission to the Vendor Hall only is available AT THE DOOR for $20 per family for the two days.
Only cash or checks accepted AT THE DOOR – please come prepared!
For those coming to the conference for the first time, please arrive at the Registration Area (click here for a map) at the relevant desk/s and you (and spouse) will then be given a conference wristband which must be worn both days for admission into the workshops and vendor hall. Children (over 13 years) of full members can also get a conference wristband if they check in with their parents. There is a $5 charge for lost wristbands.
Due to lack of space in the workshops, children 5 – 12 years (4 year old children accepted if attending with an older sibling) should be registered in the MPE Kids Program (click here!)
There is no childcare available for children 4 years and under. Nursing babies are welcome, but please bring a sling or backpack as wheeled carriers are not allowed in the workshops due to lack of space.
To enhance your enjoyment of the conference, please read MPE’s Conference Policy on Children here (scroll down the page).
March 7, 2017 – MPE negotiated packages for conference attendees and exhibitors at these area hotels, but the deadline (March 5) for the special discounted rates are now past. The prices may now be different from the ones shown below.
February 1, 2017 – note from Venia, our hospitality coordinator – There is a huge volleyball tournament going on at Bartle Hall that weekend. Rooms are selling out fast!
1) Holiday Inn, Kansas City Airport: Adjacent to the KCI Expo Center; single king bed or double queen bed rooms are available for $92.00 + tax a night, with heated indoor pool and fitness center and free wireless internet. Deadline for this rate is March 5, 2017. Please reference “Midwest Parent Educators” when making your reservations.
For reservations, call (816) 801 8400.
2) Fairfield Inn Kansas City Airport: Within walking distance; single king bed or double queen bed rooms are available for $85.00 + tax a night, with complimentary hot breakfast, heated indoor pool and fitness room and free wireless internet. Deadline for this rate is March 5, 2017. Please reference “Midwest Parent Educators” when making your reservations.
THE FAIRFIELD INN IS SOLD OUT!
3) Plaza Hotel: Within walking distance from the KCI Expo Center, single king or double queen bed rooms are available for $59.00 + tax a night, with complimentary hot/cold breakfast, heated indoor pool and fitness room and free wireless internet. Deadline for this rate is March 5, 2017. Please reference “Midwest Parent Educators” when making your reservations.
For reservations, call (800) 301 0483
4) TownePlace Suites Kansas City Airport: Across the street from the KCI Expo Center; king or double queen suites are available at $99.00 + tax a night, with fully equipped kitchens, free high speed Wi-Fi, and complimentary hot breakfast. Deadline for this rate is March 5, 2017. Please reference “Midwest Parent Educators” when making your reservations.
For reservations, call (816) 464 0525.
NO OUTSIDE FOOD is allowed to be brought into the KCI Expo Center.
Thank you for respecting this policy of the KCI Expo Center.
Food purchased inside the KCI Expo Center (from the vending machines or Cafeteria or Coffee Bar) is allowed. The Cafeteria is located off the main lobby and is open 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. both days.
The Coffee Bar in the Lobby is open 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. They will have coffee, juices, bottled water and muffins available. (Pricing does not include sales taxes)
In addition to the usual café fare, daily lunch specials in the Cafeteria are available from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. or until sold out on the Friday and Saturday of the conference:
- Friday – Chicken Caesar Salad, Breadstick and Large Iced Tea $10; 3 Cheese Italian Sausage Lasagne, Italian Green Beans, Breadstick & Large Iced Tea $10
- Saturday – Chef Salad, Dinner Roll & Large Iced Tea $10; Chicken Fried Chicken, Mashed Potato & Gravy, Buttered Corn, Dinner Roll & Large Iced Tea $10