- Admission is free for current MPE members at the Family level or higher.
At-the-door registration is $60 per person (spouse free) – cash or check only.
- Parents of PreSchoolers (POPS) Special – free admission only for parents whose children are all 5 years or younger.
At-the-door registration will be available at the conference both days.
- Admission to the Vendor Hall only is available AT THE DOOR for $20 per family, which covers both days.
Only cash or checks accepted AT THE DOOR – please come prepared!
For those coming to the conference for the first time, please arrive at the Registration Area (click here for a map) at the relevant desk/s. You (and spouse) will receive a conference wristband that must be worn both days for admission into the workshops and vendor hall. Children (over 13 years) of full members can also get a conference wristband if they check in with their parents. There is a $5 charge for lost wristbands.
Due to lack of space in the workshops, children 5 – 12 years (4-year-olds accepted if attending with an older sibling) should be registered in the MPE Kids Program (Register here)
There is no childcare available for children 4 years and under. Nursing babies are welcome, but please bring a sling or backpack as wheeled carriers are not allowed in the workshops due to lack of space.
To enhance your enjoyment of the conference, please read MPE’s Conference Policy on Children here (scroll down the page).
1) SureStay Plus Best Western: Within walking distance; single king bed or double queen bed rooms are available for $69.99 + tax a night, with complimentary hot breakfast, indoor pool (not heated) and fitness room and free wireless internet. Deadline for this rate is March 14, 2019. Please reference “MPE” when making your reservations. Rate is good for up to 2 guests per room. Additional guests will charged $5 per room per night. Cancellations must be done before March 28, 2019. If cancellations are made after March 28, you will be charged one night. No shows will also be charged one night.
2) Holiday Inn, Kansas City Airport: Adjacent to the KCI Expo Center; single king bed or double queen bed rooms are available for $99.00 + tax a night, with heated indoor pool and fitness center and free wireless internet. Deadline for this rate is March 6, 2019. Please reference “Midwest Parent Educators” when making your reservations.
3) Fairfield Inn Kansas City Airport: Within walking distance; single king bed or double queen bed rooms are available for $89.00 + tax a night, with complimentary refrigerator and microwave in each room, hot breakfast, heated indoor pool, fitness room, and free wireless internet. Deadline for this rate is March 15, 2019. Please reference “Midwest Parent Educators” when making your reservations.
NO OUTSIDE FOOD is allowed to be brought into the KCI Expo Center.
Thank you for respecting this policy of the KCI Expo Center.
Food purchased inside the KCI Expo Center (from the vending machines or Cafeteria or Coffee Bar) is allowed. The Cafeteria is located off the main lobby and is open 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. both days.