We are who we are today … because of you.
From the 17 families who founded Midwest Parent Educators to the more than 1,000 families we serve today, we’re here because people like you got involved in helping parents homeschool their children.
Aside from becoming a member, you can donate to our work, volunteer your time and expertise, advertise to the Kansas City area community, or just connect with other homeschoolers in the area. Whatever you decide, we’d love to have you join us!
Ways to volunteer
- Donate. Your donation helps us support children and families in the Kansas City homeschool community. It allows us to give scholarships to low-income parents and host events such as the Women’s Encouragement Day and Used Curriculum Sale.
- Advertise to the Kansas City homeschool community. The best way to reach our more than 1,000 families is to advertise in our newsletter, The Parent Educator.
- Connect with us. You can mail us, call our office, email, or connect via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and The Jump).
- Volunteer. Our volunteers are the backbone of our community. They’re responsible for the success of the annual homeschool conference, our Mentoring Moms program, the used curriculum sale, and so much more.
When you volunteer, you’re joining a special community!
Just a few highlights about our volunteers:
- Close to 100 young adults, all being homeschooled or homeschool graduates, volunteer every year at our homeschool conference.
- A dedicated team of 35-40 mentor moms stands ready to answer any questions from new or current homeschooling families.
- Our board of directors consists of several families who meet four times a year to plan MPE’s strategy and mission to serve Kansas City homeschoolers.
- Longtime members of our conference committee have planned and managed homeschool conferences for more than 20 years! Many of their children have grown up serving at the conferences and are now taking over the different responsibilities, such as coordinating exhibitors, facilities, and youth volunteers.
- Event coordinators do a fantastic job putting together our women’s encouragement days, used curriculum sales, how-to-homeschool workshops, and graduation ceremonies.