There are administrative costs to maintaining your organization’s listing on our website and publications. We have implemented a nominal annual fee of $25 to include your listing. If your organization has a Business level membership, your listing would be free AND your co-op would also be eligible to receive the G-Suite for Education for free as well!
This will be renewed each summer for an updated list before school starts.
NOTE: The MPE Board of Directors does not necessarily endorse any of the organizations or people offering these opportunities.
Homeschool Enrichment Programs & Co-Ops
- Apologetics Course for Teens and Adults
- Art with Michelle Meade (Shawnee, KS). Book a private or group art lesson at your location with licensed art teacher Michelle Meade. Over 16 years of teaching experience with a certification for k-12. Fun paint parties on canvas available as well. Contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brighton Academy. Contact Carrie Shore at 913-789-9381 or email@example.com. Ages K-12 with college dual enrollment.
- Classical Conversations desires to lead the home-centered education movement by equipping parents and students with the classical tools of learning. These “lost tools” reignite a love of learning and enable students to tackle any subject with confidence. Children ages 4-12 can participate in the Foundations program while accompanied by their parent. A trained tutor creatively introduces and leads the classroom time. In addition to the memory work, students also participate in a fine arts, have an opportunity to practice oral presentation skills, and participate in a hands-on science activities. Students, parents, and tutors develop precious relationships, and parents love the classical academic focus. Foundations generally meets from about 9 to noon one day a week. Beginning at age 9, students can enroll in the Essentials Program. A trained tutor strengthens the “essential” subjects of language structure, writing, and arithmetic while parent teachers work with their students to master the material at home the other four days each week. The Essentials Program is in addition to the Foundations Program and generally meets from 1 to 3 PM. In the Challenge program (for students 12 years old through high school graduation) teens wield the classical tools to reason, debate, create, and express themselves in a persuasive and articulate manner. They study six strands of interconnected information including literature studies and composition writing, logic, research, reasoning, and debate. The CC Plus program is a partnership with Southeastern University. Students in Challenge levels II, III, and IV can, for an added fee, earn college credit for their high school work. For more information contact Jennifer Richey at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.classicalconversations.com
- Discovery Homeschool Academy (2 locations serving Jackson and Cass counties). 20 years experience! Choose from 2 program options: Hands-on classes for the Enrichment program on Tuesdays and/or certified teachers partnering with parents for the Academic program on Mondays and Wednesdays. We make learning fun and educational, while offering lots of extras like class parties, field trips and concerts.
- E3 Academy (Overland Park, KS). Call 913.292.9997 or email email@example.com for more information. We identify the instinctive way children approach learning. We equip both parents and children with tools they can apply in the homeschool environment to better achieve success. E3-Academy.org
- REW Homeschool Band & Orchestra / Budding Musicians (6-9yrs old) @ REW Music — REW Music’s Homeschool Band & Orchestra offers opportunities for students 10-18 with 3 Bands, a Jazz Band, & 3 String Orchestras grouped by playing ability. We even add in the auxiliary instruments, like String Bass, Bass Clarinet, Tuba, Timpani, and more! Jacki Woeppel, the founder and director, has been working with students for over 35 years to bring the rewarding world of music to life. This Homeschool Band and Orchestra is full of energy, excitement, and employs techniques that allow the students to succeed and have fun learning and making music. The camaraderie of the REW Music Homeschool Band and Orchestra will assist in positive self expression, self confidence, discipline and creativity from learning to play a musical instrument. There is no limit to what you can achieve! For more information, contact REW Music at 913.894.4349 or e-mail Jacki at Homeschool@REWMusic.net.
- South Side Striders Band (Raymore, MO). Our band is comprised of students from around the metro. We offer several band opportunities, including marching band, so there is something for everyone! Students with or without musical experience are welcome. Classes are held every Friday in Raymore, MO. Contact Jennifer Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Speech Therapy (Missouri & Kansas). Kathy Blair is an ASHA certified speech pathologist who specializes in working with children and is licensed in Missouri and Kansas. She offers online speech-language therapy services at very reasonable rates. Kathy has 28 years of experience as a speech pathologist, and has treated many diagnoses, including (but not limited to), articulation deficit, language delay, phonological process errors, apraxia of speech, fluency (stuttering), voice, cleft palate resonance issues and auditory processing skills. If you have any questions or concerns about speech development or wish to schedule an appointment with Kathy, please email her at email@example.com
- Trail Life —guiding courageous young men to honor God, lead with integrity, serve others, and experience outdoor adventure. MPE has a sponsored troop – KS-0412. Click the link to find our troop or a troop near you.
Athletic and Sports Programs
- Christ Prep Academy welcomes homeschoolers into their KSHSAA-approved athletic programs: Christ Prep Football (MS/HS), Boys and Girls Soccer (HS), Volleyball (MS/HS), Cross Country (MS/HS), Track and Field (MS/HS) Cheer (MS/HS), Baseball (HS), Boys and Girls Basketball (MS/HS), Golf (HS).
- E3 Sports Facility (Overland Park, KS). Come learn the exciting sport of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Self Defense, and Anti-Bullying. Call 913.292.9997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. www.e3sf.org
See a quick guide of things to consider when choosing homeschool enrichment programs.