Interested in homeschooling? Want to connect with other homeschool families in the Kansas City area?
Midwest Parent Educators (MPE) has served the Kansas City homeschool community for over 20 years. MPE is a Christian organization, but seeks to serve all families who want to educate their children at home.
We serve homeschoolers with annual conferences, networking opportunities, local event listings, and more.
- Annual conference. Our conference and curriculum fair features more than 180 vendor booths, workshops, and popular keynote speakers. More than 1,000 families attend each year.
- Graduation ceremony. We have a graduation ceremony every May for homeschool children whose parents are MPE members.
- Women’s Encouragement Day. These popular retreats are open for all homeschool moms and those interested in homeschooling. Enjoy breakfast refreshments and a catered lunch as you listen to speaker sessions, have fellowship, and learn from our homeschool alumni panel.
- How-to-homeschool workshop. Our workshop in August features veteran homeschooling moms who share their best tips and learning experiences with you.
- Used curriculum sale. Homeschoolers can buy and sell used curricula and other items through over 60 tables at our used curriculum sale every summer.
As the school year is underway, full speed ahead, I’d like to offer a little perspective to this season of life you are either enduring or enjoying. I’m more and more […]
Recently we featured 7 dyslexia resources in the Kansas City area, and one of them included a new Facebook support group started by Wendy Hanson, a homeschool mom of two and […]
This year we were delighted to attend the Shawnee Town 1929 Homeschool Day on Oct. 13!
The museum is a division of the City of Shawnee’s Parks and Recreation Department. It’s designed to […]
What our community says
- “MPE is fantastic. I appreciate the variety of ways you help me to homeschool better, fulfilling the role God has given me.”
- “So blessed by two days at the conference with my hubby, Thomas … ! Great speakers, prayer, seeing friends, and acquaintances. Saving money on exciting new resources for homeschooling. A wonderful weekend! Thanks Midwest Parent Educators!”