Due to extensive roadworks, the southbound lane of Lenexa Drive in front of Providence Community Church (where the MPE office and library is located) is closed August 26 through September 7. The only way to get to the office and library will be from the south (please see map here). A marked detour will be provided via 99th Street to Rosehill Road to 103rd Street to Pflumm Road.
**SPECIAL NOTE: Pflumm Road under the I-35 bridges (between Lenexa Drive and Marshall Drive) has been closed since late May. It is expected to reopen to traffic by late October.**
To check for road closures when visiting the office and library, please go to Updated daily KDOT KC metro information.
Interested in homeschooling? Want to connect with other homeschool families in the Kansas City area?
Midwest Parent Educators (MPE) has served the Kansas City homeschool community for over 20 years. MPE is a Christian organization, but seeks to serve all families who want to educate their children at home.
We serve homeschoolers with annual conferences, networking opportunities, local event listings, and more.
- Annual conference. Our conference and curriculum fair features more than 180 vendor booths, homeschool workshops, and popular keynote speakers. More than 1,000 families attend each year.
- Graduation ceremony. We have a graduation ceremony every May for homeschool children whose parents are MPE members.
- Women’s Encouragement Day. These popular retreats are open for all homeschool moms and those interested in homeschooling. Enjoy breakfast refreshments and a catered lunch as you listen to speaker sessions, have fellowship, and learn from our homeschool alumni panel.
- How-to-homeschool workshop. Our workshop in August features veteran homeschool moms who share their best tips and learning experiences with you.
- Used curriculum sale. Homeschoolers can buy and sell used curricula and other items through over 75 tables at our used curriculum sale every summer.
Rose Gerringer and her husband, Gary, have lived in Merriam since 1999. Rose has served on our conference committee as workshop coordinator for five years. In addition, Rose shares how-to-homeschool presentations to groups, including our […]
By Shanxi Omoniyi, MPE online content manager
We’ve all heard the socialization question one way or the other: “But what about socialization?” / “How will your children interact with people different from […]
Hillside Honey Apiary is one of the businesses listed in our membership directory. Following is a Q-and-A with the owners, Ty and Shelley Martin, on their life as homeschoolers and business owners.
Note: If […]
What the homeschool community says
- “MPE is fantastic. I appreciate the variety of ways you help me to homeschool better, fulfilling the role God has given me.”
- “So blessed by two days at the conference with my hubby, Thomas … ! Great speakers, prayer, seeing friends, and acquaintances. Saving money on exciting new resources for homeschooling. A wonderful weekend! Thanks Midwest Parent Educators!”