USED CURRICULUM SALE
Our Used Curriculum Sale will be Thursday, June 2, at Journey Bible Church, 13700 W 151st St, Olathe, KS 66062. Admission is free for all buyers!
Timeline: Setup 5-6:15 p.m. Sale 6:15-8 p.m. Cleanup 8-9 p.m.
Update 5/20: All our seller tables are reserved! If you want to be put on a waiting list, please email us at email@example.com.
New to homeschooling?
If you’re a newbie homeschooler or just considering homeschool for the first time, please come a little earlier and attend our FREE “How to Homeschool” workshop!
Seller Registration Instructions
- Sellers are responsible to stay with their items and handle their own sales. Bring small bills/quarters for making change.
- Because our space is tight, we are requesting only items that can be placed on your table (NO large items due to limited space). Typically we try to match whatever available tables the church has to each seller’s needs. Based on the estimated number of items on your signup form, we’ll try to match you up to the best table option – round / long / specific dimensions / etc. You can bring crates and boxes to put on the floor or under your table if necessary, but we request no bookshelves.
- We ask you to inform us as soon as possible if you have had a change of plans and cannot attend. This will free your table up for someone on the waiting list!
A few tips for the big day for buyers and sellers:
- Bring plenty of change and small bills.
- Sellers, please show a list of the books you are selling to make it easy on the buyer.
- Come prepared! Sale veterans usually come armed with a backpack, tote bag, or even small suitcase to cart around their purchases.
- Buyers, you can make a list beforehand of what curricula you’re looking for, and at what prices. (It’s a good idea to make a “miscellaneous” category for great, unexpected deals you find on-site!)
- Make it an enjoyable time for children if they’re old enough by giving them a small amount of money to spend on whatever books/toys they find there.
- Take note of the start and end times, and make the best use of the time you have. Setup and cleanup times are strictly enforced.
- You may not leave unsold items at the sale.
- Have fun!
NEW this year: Dinner option at $4.50 per person (5-7 p.m. only)
While both the homeschool workshop and used curriculum sale events are free, we’ve negotiated a special deal on dinners with the church’s Kindness Kitchen – warm, fresh, boxed meals at $4.50 per person, an incredible price especially for homeschool families!
These meals are lovingly created from scratch by the amazing Greg & Mary Reynolds, who have a combined 35 years of private catering experience. (They’re also retired homeschool parents!) Each meal will contain two big flour beef enchiladas, rice, and beans, all warm and made on-site that evening.
Dinner meals will be served in the church’s fellowship hall.
Please order your meals in advance, using the form below, so we know how many meals to prep. We cannot guarantee that there will be enough meals if you come and order on-site.
Overheard at previous used curriculum sales
- “We come every year and every year it’s a blessing and a huge savings in our wallet. Thank you again for putting this together year after year.” Ray and Sandra Ford
- “It was my first time to a curriculum sale since I was homeschooled 12 years ago! I felt like a kid in a candy store I didn’t buy much, but loved talking to all the parents who were so helpful and encouraging. A lot has changed since I was in school, so many more options. It was so wonderful to see so many homeschooling families in the area!” — Tracy Scarborough
- “Grateful for the event, thanks for organizing and offering this!” — Melissa Rousseau