USED CURRICULUM SALE
Registration has closed.
Our Used Curriculum Sale will take place June 11, 2021, at Journey Bible Church located at 13700 W 151st St, Olathe, KS 66062.
Timeline: Setup 5:30-6:15 p.m. Sale 6:15-8 p.m. Cleanup 8-9 p.m.
- Admission is free for all buyers.
- MPE members at the Family tier and higher pay $10 per seller. Member forms are found under the Discounted Event Registration section.
- Everyone else pays $20 per seller. Non-member forms are found at the bottom of this page.
- After May 31, $30 per seller regardless of membership status.
- This is a non-refundable event.
- If you are selling curriculum as part of a business (and need to charge tax), we cannot accept you at this event as it is for personal homeschool sellers only. Please come to our Homeschool Conference and get a booth in the Vendor Hall instead.
There will be room for 50-55 sellers. When you register, please try to give as accurate a count of your books you are selling as possible so that we can allow as many sellers as possible. Because of the layout of the sale space, all sellers will be assigned to a shared table. Once all the tables are reserved, any additional names will be put on a waiting list.
Seller Registration Instructions
- Table registration deadline is May 31. After May 31, we cannot guarantee table availability.
- Every seller must register and pay the flat fee to be part of the sale, even if you are sharing a table. If you would like to share a table with a friend, both sellers need to include the other person’s name on their registration form. The fee is still $10 per seller if a member at the Family tier and higher or $20 for everyone else.
- Sellers are responsible to stay with their items and handle their own sales. Bring small bills/quarters for making change.
- Because our space is tight, we are requesting books only or items that can be placed on your table (NO large items due to limited space).
- We ask you to inform the coordinator by June 1ST if you have had a change of plans and cannot attend. This will free your table up for someone on the waiting list!
A few tips for the big day for buyers and sellers:
- Bring plenty of change and small bills.
- Post a list of the books you are selling to make it easy on the buyer.
- Come prepared! Sale veterans usually come armed with a backpack, tote bag, or even small suitcase to cart around their purchases.
- Determine in advance what curricula you’re looking for, and at what prices.
- Make it an enjoyable time for children, if they’re old enough, by giving them a small amount of money to spend on whatever books/toys they find there.
- Take note of the start and end times, and make the best use of the time you have. Setup and cleanup times are strictly enforced.
- Any unsold items may be donated to MPE. A tax receipt will be provided if desired. If you donate books to MPE, it is your responsibility to load them into the MPE vehicle. You may not leave unsold items at the sale.
- Have fun!
Overheard at previous used curriculum sales
- “We come every year and every year it’s a blessing and a huge savings in our wallet. Thank you again for putting this together year after year.” Ray and Sandra Ford
- “It was my first time to a curriculum sale since I was homeschooled 12 years ago! I felt like a kid in a candy store I didn’t buy much, but loved talking to all the parents who were so helpful and encouraging. A lot has changed since I was in school, so many more options. It was so wonderful to see so many homeschooling families in the area!” — Tracy Scarborough
- “Grateful for the event, thanks for organizing and offering this!” — Melissa Rousseau