Online conference/membership sign up for the 2017 conference is now closed.
If your membership expires before or on April 1, 2017 (check your newsletter’s mailing label or your email for reminders), you are not registered for the conference.
Processing of all last minute registrations (up to the March 24 deadline) is taking place now so email the office at infomidwesthomeschoolersorg if unsure of your conference/membership status. Please do not mail in renewal forms during this time – they will be held and processed at the conference at the door price.
For pre-registered conference attendees/members:
Please bring your payment receipt or email confirmation for proof of registration at the door in case of any hiccups at check-in.
For all other conference attendees:
To speed up the process on the day of the conference, please complete this fillable conference/membership sign up form, save it as a .pdf file to your computer, then print it.
Present the completed form and $60 (cash or check only) at the NEW or RENEW tables in the Registration Area (click here for a map) and you (and spouse and children over 13 years) will then be given a conference wristband which must be worn both days for admission into the workshops and vendor hall. There is a $5 charge for lost wristbands.
Due to lack of space in the workshops, please register children 5 – 12 years (4 year old children accepted if attending with an older sibling) in the MPEKids Children’s Program. The cost is $30.00/child/day for the first two children in the family, additional siblings free.
To enhance your enjoyment of the conference, please read MPE’s Conference Policy on Children:
Children are very important to MPE, since it is for their benefit that we exist to encourage and equip parents as educators. The MPE conference, however, is intended for parental enrichment and therefore the general policy is that children under 13 not be in attendance at the conference workshop sessions (except nursing babies). This is due to seating limitations and to keep potential disruptions to a minimum during workshops. As always, parental discretion should be used throughout the conference to preserve the conference experience for other attendees. MPE reserves the right to dismiss unruly attendees.
MPE has made the following accommodations for children.
• All children accompanied by parents are welcome in the Vendor Hall.
• Nursing babies are welcome in the conference workshops. However, if your child is fussy or disruptive in any way, you should quietly exit the workshop so that the others will not be disturbed. A room will be available exclusively for mothers to nurse and diaper their babies. Please bring a sling or backpack as wheeled carriers are not allowed in the workshops due to lack of space.
• There is no childcare available for children 4 years and under. Parents are encouraged to pre-arrange for child care in order to attend conference workshops.
• Children between the ages of 5 and 12 (4 year old children accepted if they are attending with an older sibling) can be enrolled in MPE Kids – Children’s Program.
• Children age 13 and up are encouraged to attend the workshops and visit the Exhibitor Hall with their parents; they are admitted for free when accompanied by a parent at Registration.
Due to congestion, strollers, wagons, and other wheeled carriers are not permitted in the workshops. Be sure to bring baby carriers or backpacks to transport nursing babies. Wheeled carriers are allowed in the Vendor Hall.
Benefits of membership, apart from conference admission:
As homeschoolers, we love saving money! That’s why we make every possible effort to maximize the benefits of your membership so that it more than pays for itself.
When you become an MPE member, you’re joining more than 1,200 homeschool families. Membership benefits include:
- Informational meetings, retreats and other events, often at discounted rates! For example, if you want to attend our MPE annual Women’s Encouragement Day, you’ll save $15 if you’re an MPE member.
- List of cluster (support) groups.
- Annual subscription to our newsletter, The Parent Educator, 10 times a year.
- $20 discount on HSLDA membership (the discount code will be emailed to you when your membership is processed; if you need it before then, however, please contact our office).
- Free access to the MPE Library, which has more than 2,200 books, videos and audio items for your homeschool!
- Discounted fees for annual standardized testing for grades K – 11 (save at least $5 when you register your first child).
- High school graduation ceremony (must meet certain criteria).
- Annual used curriculum sale (save $10 when you reserve a table)
- In summary, you could be saving at least $137.50 every year just by signing up!