Calling all homeschool mathletes!
The Noetic Learning Math Center has a semiannual problem-solving contest for elementary and middle school students. The contest is for students in grades 2-8.
Homeschool associations such as MPE can sign up, and we’ve already heard from some families interested in participating.
If you’re interested, please contact our office (913-599-0311 or email@example.com) BEFORE Friday, Oct. 16, so we can get everything sorted by the registration deadline.
Benefits of participating via MPE
- The cost to participate is around $49 per team, but here’s the good news! MPE has already paid to register KC-area homeschool students, saving each family the $49/team registration fee (we request a small donation of $5.50 from each participant).
- Your homeschool student can go on to win recognition and rewards!
- Each team must have a minimum of 6 students per grade to compete. If we don’t have six children in a grade, we will not have a team. Even if you have a really large family, it can present extra challenges to round up at least 6 students in the same grade each year!
Noetic Math Contest Rules
The goal of the Noetic Learning Math Contest is to encourage young students’ interest in math, develop their problem-solving skills, and inspire them to excel in math. More than 34,000 students participate in this event nationally.
During the contest (online this year), students are given 45 minutes to solve 20 problems. Many problems are designed to challenge students and enrich their problem-solving experiences.
Recognition and Awards:
- National Honor Roll Medal: The top 10 percent of all participants in each grade will receive ‘National Honor Roll’ medals.
- Team Winner Medal: The highest scorer of each team will receive a ‘Team Winner’ medal.
Make sure you know these rules and guidelines before signing up:
- Only students in grades 2-8 can enter the contest. Each participant will pay $5.50 to participate.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE end of day Friday, Oct. 16, if you are interested in participating.
- Please DO NOT register online. MPE will register all contestants as per competition rules for homeschools.
- Once a team is formed, our office staff will distribute past tests free of charge that the team can use for practice. (These tests cannot be shared with others, since that is against the Noetic rules.) They were secured by a generous donor last year.
For more details on the contest, see practice problems, read FAQs, and more, visit the Noetic Learning Math Contest’s website: https://www.noetic-learning.com/mathcontest/