SOE Market is a hands-on business field trip for students in 3rd through 8th grades where they operate their own economy and experience the demands that business encounter. The students put the skills and knowledge they have learned in school into action in a facsimile of the real-world work environment.
School of Economics is a two-day field trip.
- Preparation day is March 1, 2024, 1 pm to 3:30 pm at Home Family Fellowship 2420 S 53rd Ln, Kansas City, KS 66106. Students will work with their assigned teams to make decisions on their products and design a marketing strategy.
- School of Economics Business Day is March 13, 2024, 10 am to 2 pm at the School of Economics facility at 200 NW 14th St, Blue Springs, MO 64015
- 12 to 15 Volunteer adults are needed at the event (MPE membership and background checks are required.)
- Parental attendance is required for Preparation Day March 1. (There is a small playroom attached for younger siblings, but childcare is not provided.)
- Parents who are not volunteering may drop their students off at the School of Economics on March 13.
Minimum of 60 students need to sign up by February 15, 2024.
Tickets are nonrefundable unless our business field trip cannot reach the minimum number of students.