Our 2019 Used Curriculum Sale will be 6:15 – 8:30 p.m. Thursday, June 6, at the Kansas City First Church of the Nazarene, 11811 State Line Road, KCMO 64114. (Join our Facebook event here. Please click here for a map.)
Members at the Alumni tier or higher should log in for the discounted registration forms. Go to “My Menu/Discounted Event Registration/Used Curriculum Sale.”
Everyone else can use the online form on this page below (scroll down to find the form).
- Admission is free for all buyers.
- If you are selling curriculum as part of a business (and need to charge tax), we cannot accept you at this event as it is for personal homeschool sellers only. Please come to Annual Homeschool Conference and get a booth in the Vendor Hall instead.
This is the same location as last year’s sale! We are excited about the great parking and also the ease of no stairs for the sellers or buyers.
Timeline: Setup 5:30-6:15 p.m. Sale 6:15-8:30 p.m. Cleanup 8:30-9:00 p.m.
Shopper Admission: Free! (Please note that space will be tight this year, so we request no strollers.)
Seller Registration: Sellers must contribute a small fee (MPE members at the Alumni tier or higher pay $8 per seller; everyone else pays $15 per seller). There will be room for 55-65 sellers.
Because of the variety of different types of tables, many sellers will be assigned to a shared table — an email will be sent ahead of the sale so each seller will know what to expect.
There is a limit of one table space reservation per seller. Once all the table spaces are reserved, all additional names will be put on a waiting list.
Seller Registration Instructions:
1. Register online. MPE members at the Alumni tier or higher should log in and go to “My Menu/Discounted Event Registration/Used Curriculum Sale.” Everyone else can use the form below (scroll past these instructions to find the form).
2. Table registration deadline is May 31. After May 31, $20 per seller regardless of membership status. Please check with the office after the 31st before registering.
3. Every seller must register and pay the flat fee to be part of the sale, even if you are sharing a table. If you would like to share a table with a friend, both sellers need to include the other person’s name on their registration form and the fee is still $8 per seller (at the MPE Alumni membership tier or higher) or $15 for everyone else.
4. Sellers are responsible to stay with their items and handle their own sales. Bring small bills/quarters for making change.
5. We are requesting books only or items that can be placed on your table (NO large items, e.g. bookshelves, due to limited space).
6. We require you to inform the coordinator by June 1st if you have had a change of plans and cannot attend and your registration fee will be refunded. This will free your table up for someone on the waiting list! NO REFUNDS AFTER JUNE 1ST.
7. All paid registrations will be emailed an automatic confirmation. Please check your Spam folder if it is not in your Inbox.
8. You will also receive a receipt from Stripe. Please print or save the Stripe receipt to your phone as proof of your reservation.
A few tips for the big day:
- Bring plenty of change and small bills.
- Come prepared! Sale veterans usually come armed with a backpack, tote bag, or even small suitcase to cart around their purchases.
- Determine in advance what curricula you’re looking for, and at what prices.
- Make it an enjoyable time for children, if they’re old enough, by giving them a small amount of money to spend on whatever books/toys they find there.
- Take note of the start and end times, and make the best use of the time you have. Setup and cleanup times are strictly enforced.
- Any unsold items may be donated to MPE. A tax receipt will be provided if desired. If you donate books to MPE, it is your responsibility to load them into the MPE vehicle. You may not leave unsold items at the sale.
- Have fun!
Overheard at previous used curriculum sales
- “It was my first time to a curriculum sale since I was homeschooled 12 years ago! I felt like a kid in a candy store I didn’t buy much, but loved talking to all the parents who were so helpful and encouraging. A lot has changed since I was in school, so many more options. It was so wonderful to see so many homeschooling families in the area!” — Tracy Scarborough on Facebook
- “Grateful for the event, thanks for organizing and offering this!” — Melissa Rousseau