We’re so thankful for every person who attended our 2020 Women’s Encouragement Day! What a beautiful privilege to serve all you spectacular homeschool moms.
We also appreciate those who filled out evaluation forms to let us know how we’re doing. These always come in handy when we’re planning for next year’s event and considering ways to improve.
Enjoy these Encouragement Day highlights and wrap-up of the event, including quotes from our attendees –
Encouragement Day speaker: Kristen Kill
Our speaker, Kristen Kill, is a woman transformed by the delight of God and on this homeschool journey with us.
She is especially hopeful for women who feel stretched thin like herself, because that tension is where we can learn to live expectant for the music and melody of love that God is singing over each one of us.
“The speaker, Kristen, spoke to my heart.”
Theme of the day: Delight
- Zephaniah 3:17 – “For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
- We can think His delight in us is wrapped up in what we do for Him, but His delight in us is based on His character and not ours. That’s the good news.
- God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).
- God writes a love letter and it’s for you – the you that surrenders to His love. He is pursuing you today.
Most important/valuable aspect of the day
- “Being fed and filled with the word of God. Recharging to finish the year strong.”
- “Connecting uninterrupted with mom friends.”
- “I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the music and singing and worshiping our Maker. It’s important for prepping our hearts to hear the words the speakers have for us.”
- “Time to fellowship with and be encouraged by other moms – meeting new friends, seeing old ones.”
- “I love a day to relax, connect, and be encouraged. Everything is great.”
- “Knowing I’m not alone … the chance to reboot during the most difficult month for me each year. Being made to feel that I’m valuable / important – that my job, my mission is valuable. Connecting, coffee, and chocolate!! :)”
- “I really appreciated getting to meet women near to me! Let’s do that again!”
Also new this year – the MPE Sisterhood Facebook group! This group is a place for you to share resources, ask questions, share homeschool happenings, receive special MPE event info and discounts. There will be a weekly devotional to encourage you in your faith.
As always, we’re so grateful for your commitment to your family! As you go forward in this great task, may you feel the smile of the Father in every day. We’ve prayed for each one of you who attended.
Our continuing prayer is that you would be reminded anew that you are a chosen one, holy and dearly loved by your Father who created you and knows you!
We have updated this blog post, originally published in February 2016, to reflect the 2020 Encouragement Day.
MPE subsidizes the cost of this event because we want as many people as possible to attend. Please consider donating if you haven’t already … it’s always much appreciated!